Categories
Posts

My email inquiry

Today I was extra mad at myself because I over slept from doing homework for another class last night. Today I was late for class but I still did my best to take any advice that can be useful for me after college. Today I had to brain storm some people I look up to and think of a way to introduce myself and my major and what I would like to learn from the person etc. at first this was not easy but I started to think of how coviid this year has effected me a lot with not really being outside none less I have to but then I focused on the people I have me lt before that’s has a common interest in my field of study. Anyways, I got some good feed back an with use this information to use and I am going to change my email for a better introduction.

Categories
Posts

week 7- Intern needed!

So for this week, we focused on how to apply for intern and surprisingly it doesn’t seem that hard until you realize first impressions count and one slightest mistake could cost you everything

Using the professor’s email inquiry and messing up on it I’ve realized that I don’t only have to use one technique in order to get an internship if you have multiple techniques that what they’re looking for make mention of it.

An example of that is if you’re into podcasting but they have a web designing division and they’re looking for someone who knows their way around a computer you can offer to help them and if you get in then you can ask about another division such as a podcast.

so currently I’m writing one email to Robyn Jordan the co-founder of black girls create about podcasting and how she got started with it but I’m also writing an email to Nicole Hill the community manager who runs her own blog called Black TADIS and I could get her opinion about how do you run a successful blog place and what does it take to run. The idea so genius I wish I thought of it myself

If everything works out I’ll be possibly an official member of the black girl create squad even though I’m not a girl but don’t worry I already have a solution to that

Categories
Posts

Email inquiry

So today’s class was really important because it helped me reach out to potential people I can be working with. I was happy to speak with an intern at this place in LA but it is remote and I am glad. I hope to get a call back about the position if not I’ll always be looking out for more internship opportunities and if any of you guys have internships for me pertaining to web design I’ll be happy to look into it. Since I was hopeful to actually speak with someone about the company I will need to rewrite my email inquiry so it will be a follow up to the person who owns the company. My partners inquiries were good plus their research but the professor questions to my partner had me thinking.

Categories
Posts

The Email Inquiry

Today we spoke about how to write a email to a current employ in a position we would like to work in. As the previous weeks we were told to not make the letter so straightforward and harsh in order to not scare them away but to make it more of an invitation to introduce ourselves and learn more about what they do and what their company is specifically looking for in a person before hiring them.

I was paired up today with Jonathan and Renee and they told me my introduction letter was straight to the point but also welcoming. I did make an error in the last line where I didn’t change the “in person interview” to a zoom interview but overall I believe it is a well written letter. I included a couple of things I did to help me learn more about the career I want and I feel like it could be a good topic to talk about in the call.

Categories
Posts

email inquiry

This class was about learning how to write a email reaching out to professionals in the field of our interest. We were instructed to be open about our intention, because that is the best way to hopefully get a response. You’re reaching out to a total stranger, the first thing I would think if I got an email inquiry is what? Depending on how busy I am I would probably respond to a well coordinated request.

The feed back from my team members was to change the order in which CUNY appears in the email. I was told I should list CUNY first and then York College. Also I should add the field of work that the person is in. Other than that my email was good.

I have reached out to quite a few total strangers asking to just talk about how they got to where they are, what education is needed for the position they are in, but I noticed on linkedin for instance when reaching out to people you are limited to how many words you can write to a person it says 300, but it is not. It is a lot shorter. So, if I wanted to send this email in linkedin I would not be able to.

Categories
Posts

Email inquiry Commets

Respond to this post with a comment using your email inquiry to your organization of interest.

Categories
Posts

Media, Music, and More

Endeavors

In this project I decided to give a broad view of many different interests I have and could pursue. I am a strong believer of not putting all your eggs in one basket. I included a clip of a soundtrack I made.  It’s not perfect, but it does show promise.  I also talk about Wasim, a guy that created a path for himself by selling beats to people online. 

I included a video I made using Premiere, hosting my own show, how to make a smoothie.  It was fun to make and the smoothie was great.  I also attached a copy of a link to Martha Stewart, the queen of simple, yet elegant living.  her brilliant approach to life helps other people make their lives great with her ideas. 

Chasing news, I wanted to attach a clip of me reporting a story but could not attach the audio.  Bummer!  But I did manage to attach a link to Abby Phillips, a young black woman making a way for herself in the news business.  She’s a Political Correspondent for CNN, how great is that!  I admire her and think if she could do it so can I. 

So, I recently got a green screen and I immediately put it to work.  I recorded a video of me creating motion with paper.  I imported the video into After effects to transform it into something I am very proud to showcase.  There are many great artists out there that I admire, but I don’t know their names, but I am familiar with their works. 

My concerns are there are many people out there doing the same things I am doing, and they are great.  What is going to set me apart from them.  I think my creative nature coupled with the drive, determination, and focus will help.  But making connections with people, networking will be my best asset.  Also when is this pandemic going to end. It is putting a monkey wrench into my life. I have reached out to a few people I don’t know but, admire what they do, I thought this was crazy at first, but gave it some thought and decided nothing tried, nothing done. Now I reach out to total stranger every chance I get, because you never know who may respond. As for what I do, nothing is ever really finished there is always room for improvement. 

Categories
Posts

Final Project Proposal

During the last class on Oct. 30th, I had a good time seeing other people’s project ideas and as well as giving them advice on the requirements for the proposal. I remember hearing different project ideas such as a website based on game reviews/playing games or another person wanted to build their own shopping website. Hearing their plans for final project makes me see that they have a goal in mind that they want to reach; the final project is another step to help them achieve that.

I recommend you based on what you decide to do, you should pick something that you have some interest in as well as helping you in the future. Again, I mentioned before the animation I am doing is a 3-5 minute story that I created during the summer. I would have loved it if I turned it into a film, but covid came by, which led me to animation instead. However, it still shows off my storytelling in a visual way. Even though I find the animation process tiring, in the end, I feel like I will be proud of the product.

I am already in final project and I have my final project proposal here if anyone wants to have a look at what I am doing right now or if you need a reference for your project proposal. I hope this can help anyone in any way possible.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gt4QVKJI9s8s3VDx6Qfk7houcgpZ-uaS7UEnSy8U7V0/edit?usp=sharing

Categories
Posts

The Finish Line is soon!

So, I think I missed one class, (or 2) and was still able to keep track of the things that I missed. After talking with the Professor more about what I need to do for the portfolio class since we are almost to the end, and My mind exploded. This is the moment I’ve been waiting for. I’ve had a few friends who were seniors a couple of years back who was stressing about their final projects and I thought it was a really fun concept to end the years at college with. Not that I’m here, I’m not sure if I can share the same sentiment. This is a stressful moment! We have most definitely seen people go viral or get accepted immediately into their field based on their final project. I want it to be grand! My time at York has been interesting but I want to maximize my potential in a place where I’ve had some growth happen. I’m currently drafting my proposal to pitch to a few organizations/companies that I think would be an amazing place to host a lot of my creativity and I would love to document that process through this as well. Work harder and not smarter.

Categories
Posts

perfecting my final

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iwswIqfYXxMmvYlb9qqLoFwD1Ya8f-gxlaoj6TQo_-A/edit?usp=sharing

I’m getting closer and closer to the finish line of creating a future for myself!

here I am sharing you some of my ideas and research on something I find interesting to look into after college is over. Whats my next step? the idea concept I am going for is to continue to make and market my drinks and to find some good food dishes I could sell.

this class is helping me more and more to be all that I can be in this major!