Categories
Posts

Final Reflection

The semester came, seemed to linger, and now it has come to an end. I have done lots of research on people that are in the line of work that I am interested in. I have searched and applied to internships for media companies. I have reached out to many total strangers. I would have never done that before this class. It took a while but I actually got a response from Kaya Tone. She is a production assistant in the media industry. She has a Youtube page filled with her work.

I, on the other hand, have a library in Youtube filled with my work. I am working on putting a showcase together to display my work.

My final presentation is a sum of what happened throughout the year under Trump’s lead. It is also a sample of the work I have done too throughout the semester in my journalism class. I have written and recorded many scripts that are pretty darn good. https://soundcloud.com/renee-figaroe/ct399-revised-corona-virus-1027

My future is bright I see myself using my strongest skills; my ability to write and communicate will take me the farthest in my future endeavors.

I attended an information session for Made in NY. I am hopeful that I will be asked to be a part of the training session that will ultimately lead to employment within the media industry.

I have attended a virtual black career fair. It was strange but I got the idea of what I had to do. I uploaded my profile with my resume.

I have started to apply for procurement positions with several different companies. At this point, I need to try every avenue to get my foot in a door. Once I am in then I can branch off into whatever I choose.

My big goal is to gain employment hopefully within the entertainment industry as a production assistant, but I am not going to hold my breath waiting for it. I will continue to knock on doors.