Categories
Posts

Inquiry Letter

I’m terrible at writing introductions but the draft letter made me realize how should I make a first impression. How to describe me in short and a few sentences. Since I already wrote a letter about myself before and recently I have done some more work to keep under my belt. I’m going to update the letter. Finding an internship is getting harder and harder but this letter is going to make it a step easier to make an impression on my employer.

Dear Mr. M,
I hope this email finds you well. My name is Umme H. and I am in my final year studying Communications Technology with a concentration in television production at York College/CUNY. I was excited to learn about you and your work while looking for internship opportunities here in New York. You have clearly had success in the field and I wonder if I could connect with you for an in-person informational interview or a quick phone call.
At York, in addition to my studies, I’ve had the opportunity to work on a short portrait documentary about my experience staying in quarantine when COVID hit NYC and made a few motion graphics animations including a short 30 seconds animated infographics about skeletal system targeting an audience for the ages 5- 8. As I finish my studies at York, I am eager to begin making connections with other people in the field (like yourself!) and, ideally, to find an internship. If you have a moment, I would be very grateful. I’m happy to come to you or to call you at a time that is convenient for you.
Warm regards,
Umme H.

Here is the link to the Reel.

Thank you all for reading and watching.