Categories
Posts

The Email Inquisition 📧

In this week’s conference we discussed the significance of Inquisition through Emails. Without a doubt, the best way to secure your place in a company is by making connections to employees who ALREADY work there — while the most convenient way to reach those “future peers” is via email.

Our discussion was regarding the crucial steps needed to make a positive first impression, after all — you DON’T get a second chance to make a first impression. However, considering I am already well ahead of the general purpose served by CT 399 — my version of inquiry shared with the class was just a test. This is primarily due to the fact that I had ALREADY reached my desired company last semester and plan to begin my apprenticeship next year.

But still, for your reference I’ve shared my version below:

Greetings Mr. Cleare,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Sifat Syed, I am in my final year studying Behavioral Science and Communications Technology — concentrated in Marketing, Public Relations, and Human Resources at CUNY-York. I was excited to learn about you and your work while looking for apprenticeship opportunities here in New York. You have “Clearely” had success in the field and I wonder if I could connect with you for an in person informational interview or a quick phone call.

At York, in addition to my studies, I’ve had the opportunity to work on multiple internships; from Real Estate Corp as a Business Administrator, to Education Institutions as Project Management — all under the supervision of highly qualified mentors just like yourself. As I finish my studies at York, I am eager to begin making connections with other people in the field (like yourself!) and, ideally, to find an apprenticeship. If you have a moment, I would be extremely happy and thankful to come to you, or call you at a time that is convenient for you.

Best Regards,
Sifat