Categories
Posts

Found My Future Boss 😎

Finding your future peers

In this week’s discussion we went over the significance of finding someone who we’d consider to be our future peer — someone who’s current “power-level” represents our future (supposedly). Basically, we’re were tasked to lookup people we see ourselves working with in the future; my boss and his coworkers in my case.

Being that I’m planning on having my last apprenticeship program @NYLife — a Business and Financial Advising Corporation, the big goal this time is to start analyzing how they (future peers) present themselves or their work (bio, project, resume) to the world and gain comprehension of their style.

Although we were asked to look in multiple places including various social media platforms, I decided to stick with LinkedIn because almost all of my preferred future peers (Licensed Business & Financial Advisors) are too damn professional for anything other than LinkedIn. Therefore, ‘professional’ Instagram is where I went fishing. In the end what I found didn’t surprise me at all, since I was ALREADY on top in this regard — with my own resume and LinkedIn profile set-up specifically for those like-minded “professionals”.

What I found was something very simple and straightforward — no nonsense bio like the one below:

And for your reference, here’s what my cover reads (already APPROVED by the Career Services Department of YORK):

“Provide support & promote progress in HR/IT services. Ensure that the client/employee experience is positive & seamless throughout their timeline with your corporation; by providing front-line services to clients & employees in the areas of HR, benefits, payroll, public relations, marketing, stock & IT — integrated with over 5 years in CRM & HR/IT Administration.”

Yes, I’ve been interning for multiple companies over the last FIVE years. Not to mention, ALREADY COMPLETED internship for credit at CUNY-QCC while pursuing my associates of IIT (Internet and Information Technology).

A piece of work which really stood out to me is the video my future supervisor recorded for his apprentice, linked below:

http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/p2j1dnpldc

Isn’t he the most awesome boss, like ever? And look at that awesome smile, not so serious at all is it? Considering the fact that, he’s been busy managing 60+ MILLION DOLLAR worth of businesses over the last decade. Now that’s one future peer I’d like to become… 1Day!