Categories
Posts

Final Reflection

This is my reflection for CT399 Portfolio class. In this class we reflected on what we have learned and where our future focus is after college. During this class we would discuss about the internship process and who we consider a proper future peer that can help benefit us in our near future.

For my peer future research I was a little confused at first on who I should look for. My focus is TV Production so I started looking for people who are producers or assistant producers. I started to focus on reality television. I choose the Jersey Shore at first and noticed this isn’t what I wanted to focus on for my future peer. Right now I do event photography and wanted to find somebody in New York that I can connect with as my future peer. I had to find somebody who wasn’t up there in the photography industry, but still big and has good work. I picked Jamielevinephotography who is a wedding and event photographer. She is located in manhattan and has a well organized website that show cases her work. This photographer was a perfect fit for a future peer because we both has the similar interest in photography.

During my time in CT399 we discussed internships that connect with our future peer goals. I learned that picking an internship isn’t easy and does take effort to get in. Looking for an internship we need relevant information like address, phone number, and email/ or relevant individuals. We had to figure out a list of activities that we would exist in that work place to help guide us towards the right internship. In the internship process it isn’t just applying to companies on different websites; it’s contacting the company personally and making yourself noticed. Following up on our internship application is a must to help us get the internship. Having experience is extremely important when we graduate college. Job look not only on your school experience, but hands on experience with companies other than school.

During this class I learned a lot on what I really wanted to focus on when I graduate. Now I know what internships I want to focus on. I started off looking for TV production future peers and internships, to looking at event photographers and internships. I am happy at how I progressed through out this semester in CT399. This class is the reason I now what I want to focus on for my career.