Categories
Posts

Email Inquiry

I am definitely in the top 2 of the worst over thinkers, and I am NOT #2. This exercise was very helpful in creating a good first impression on my potential employers. I intend to use this email inquiry sample as the template for my future first impression emails and or interviews. In my example, I am writing to the Chief Communications Officer of the digital media company BuzzFeed.
Dear Mrs. Carole Robinson,
I hope this email finds you well. My name is Tenelle Reynolds and I am in my final year studying Communications Technology with a concentration in Web Design at CUNY York College. I was excited to learn about you and your work while looking for internship opportunities here in New York. You have clearly had success in the field and I wonder if I could connect with you for an in person informational interview or a quick phone call.
At York, in addition to my studies, I’ve had the opportunity to work on a website for my mothers decorating service company and build my personal social media presence for my design business. As I finish my studies at York, I am eager to begin making connections with other people in the field (like yourself!) and, ideally, to find an internship. If you have a moment, i would be very appreciative. I’m eager to come to you or to call you at a time that is convenient for you.
Best regards,
Tenelle Reynolds