Categories
Posts

week 5 – take me under your wing plz!!

So while I was searching for an internship, I found this really cool blogger by the name of Robyn Jordan, who’s basically in the position that I’m in; she owns her own website called blackgirlcreate.com, and she has her own podcast. However, they also made me realize how far I am from that dream, so that sucks

But one step at a time, the first thing I did was find a place to do an internship that focuses on blogging/writing. I found this one place called Soho paws that focuses on high-quality pet products and the head of strategy and marketing. Juan Andres is looking for bloggers and writers to talk about their products and help customers understand the products. I like it because it gives me experience with writing and takes me out of my comfort zone, and makes me improve as a writer. It also helps that I like dogs 🙂

However, not all internships are good for me. There was a fake internship I found for a place called get set go, and they were looking for an internship, and when I looked at it the first time, something was very off. It didn’t look very professional, and the design layout of it was fundamental, almost like a rookie of web design 1 did it (no disrespect to that rookie) come to find out the whole thing isn’t real, so that was a big waste of time.

That being said, finding an internship for what I’m interested in is harder than it looks, but I have to be more determined to get what I want.