Categories
Posts

Role models

I was grouped with Breanna and Camryn we talked about our future peers and ways to connect with people in the industry of interest.  Camryn mentioned Bumble.biz, a platform to connect with people who are in your field of interest.  I have listed Kaya and Rebecca as my future peers because they are working with production companies right now.  I also didn’t know who Wendy Finerman was, so I googled her and was surprised to find that she is a major player in the film industry. 

I also took the opportunity to send messages to Kaya and Rebecca via linkedin just to chat about their experience in the industry.  I don’t know if they will respond, but I am hopeful. 

Kaya Tone – Production Assistant, NYC 

Recent graduated from NYU Tisch School of the Arts for my BFA in Film & TV.  She is working as a freelance Production Assistant.  I have worked on Amazon’s “Hunters” as well as “Blue Bloods”, Spielberg’s “West Side Story”, and several other productions. 

Rebeca Smith – Producer’s Assistant at Wendy Finerman, Productions, NYC 

Attended Trinity college – Hartford 

Associate Producer at Triptyk Studios, NYC 

Production Assistant at Jefferson Pictures, Massachusetts 

Writer’s Assistant in NYC 

Wendy Finerman is an American film producer of nearly a dozen feature films. 

Finerman was born to a Jewish family[1] and raised in Beverly Hills, California.[2] Her sister, Karen Finerman, is a hedgefund owner/trader in New York City and appears on CNBC’s Fast Money.[3] 

Finerman was one of three producers who won the Academy Award for Best Picture for Forrest Gump in 1994 and a BAFTA Award for Fairy Tale in 1998. She has also produced such popular films as The FanStepmomDrumline, and The Devil Wears Prada. Finerman was formerly married to producer Mark Canton and now is married to David Peterson. The mother of four children, she is a graduate of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and runs her own company, Wendy Finerman Productions.[4]