Categories
Posts

Future Peers

I found my future peer on LinkedIn. His name is Taylor S. Aside from his LinkedIn profile, he has a big online presence on Instagram, Artstation.com and webtoons.com. He job title is Animator, Illustrator and Sequential Artist.

I gained several tips and insight on how I can start on my own career path from looking at his LinkedIn profile. Taylor interned at the Glimpse Group while he was still taking classes at the Fashion Institute of New York and his roles were to design characters, and create comic pages for the company. After he graduated FIT, he also interned at Etomon, where he created illustrations for their email list and website.

Furthermore, Taylor also created and manages his own comic series on the website, Webtoons. His work is very impressive and visually appealing. He also posted all his past and current work on the website Artstation.com. I didn’t know about that website until I stumbled upon Taylor’s profile. I plan to do more research on the website and may even post my work as well. Taylor also created an Instagram page dedicated to his work and comic series.

In all, from studying Taylor’s online presence I’ve learned that its better to present yourself on many different platforms so you can reach more potential employers and get more networking opportunities. It’s also useful to start early in your career by interning while still attending school.