Categories
Posts

Future Peers

Honestly, my lack of confidence brings me anxiety when I think of networking with EXPERIENCED people. I dread not being as experienced as those around me, but it’s a fear that I must get over. After todays class, I have learned that future peers are individuals who are in positions of work, early in their career, apart of a team that creates the work I envision in my big goal.
My fear of “future peers” went away because I was reminded that these peers are just that, people who have been in my position and are just a step further than I am towards similar goals. Personally, social media has played a big role in my lack of confidence lately because my “future peers” seem to be highly successful and perfect! But I have also realized that most of my successful peers do not share their hardships during their process to success. I feel like being authentic and sharing your journey is important to your audience because it shows realism and allows others who look up to them the hope that they can accomplish the same goals.
During the group discussion, I shared the work of someone I found via Linkedin. It’s funny because she and I have many mutual friends but I’ve never met her, yet we have very similar big goals.
FUTURE PEER INSTAGRAM
I gravitated towards her because she has shared her progress of graphic skills and net working. She used to have IGTV post about her failures and how she overcame them. I’ve noticed that her main method to gaining acknowledgement is consistency. Being consistent in promoting her skills and projects led her to catch the attention of her type of audience and future peers. I’ve also noticed that at a certain point, most of her graphics began to have a distinct look and that is when I realized that she has found her audience.