Categories
Posts

email inquiry

This class was about learning how to write a email reaching out to professionals in the field of our interest. We were instructed to be open about our intention, because that is the best way to hopefully get a response. You’re reaching out to a total stranger, the first thing I would think if I got an email inquiry is what? Depending on how busy I am I would probably respond to a well coordinated request.

The feed back from my team members was to change the order in which CUNY appears in the email. I was told I should list CUNY first and then York College. Also I should add the field of work that the person is in. Other than that my email was good.

I have reached out to quite a few total strangers asking to just talk about how they got to where they are, what education is needed for the position they are in, but I noticed on linkedin for instance when reaching out to people you are limited to how many words you can write to a person it says 300, but it is not. It is a lot shorter. So, if I wanted to send this email in linkedin I would not be able to.